This is a roundup of some grant giving agencies which are currently open for applications, though the deadlines of some of them are pretty close.
- Wellcome Foundation International Engagement Awards – Engaging with global health research. Preliminary application 4th February 2011, final application 8th April, 2011.
- Professional Fellowships from the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission.This is for mid-career professionals from Commonwealth Countries. Librarians have taken advantage of this in the past – next deadline for applications: 21st April 2011.
- IFLA World Library and Information Congress, San Juan, Puerto Rico, August 2011. A number of grants are being made available for delegates from developing countries for accommodation and registration. Some travel grants are also provided thanks to a generous donation, but for others travel and a daily living allowance are not covered. Deadline for applications 1st March, 2011. http://conference.ifla.org/ifla77/news/apply-for-congress-participation-grant
- BMA Humanitarian Fund library partners have used this to arrange training visits to Africa – next deadline for applications: 4th March, 2011.
- INASP Small Grants for library projects – next deadline for applications 31st July, 2011.
The Funding Opportunities section of our website is currently being updated, but most of the hyperlinks for the above will provide you with further information:
Jean Shaw, Partnerships in Health Information.