“It’s public knowledge: understanding health literacy from an
information science perspective”
Colleagues from around the world are invited to submit an abstract for consideration for an Open Session jointly sponsored by the Information Literacy (IL) and Health and Biosciences Libraries (HBL) Sections at the World Library and Information Congress: IFLA General Conference and Assembly to be held in Lyon from 16- 22nd August, 2014.
You are invited to submit an abstract on the following themes:
- How can the perspective of information scientists complement the work of scholars from other backgrounds in this field?
- How can librarians’ expertise in information literacy and awareness of current pedagogical methods contribute to increased health literacy?
- In what ways can health librarians’ knowledge of evidence-based practice be used to identify the most effective interventions in the health literacy area?
- Can librarians ensure that the best use is made of and that health literacy programmes are based on sound policy decisions?
- How can collaboration between librarians and other scholars and practitioners in the health sciences, social sciences and in education increase our understanding of this major public health concern?
- Friday February 28th 2014: Deadline for submission of abstract
- Thursday March 28th 2014: Notification of acceptance/rejection
- Friday June 6th 2014: Deadline for submission of text
Further information on submission of abstracts is available from IFLA
Jean Shaw, Phi