Our colleague Emma Farrow, Consortium Development Coordinator at INASP informed us about this upcoming learning opportunity.
Registration has opened for the online advocacy course “Library Advocacy Unshushed”: Become a powerful advocate for the values and future of libraries and librarianship. Be informed, strategic, passionate, and unshushed!
This is being offered by the University of Toronto as a MOOC (massive open online course); it was run for the first time last year with over 5,000 participants
Seven week course, starts 2nd February
Estimated effort: 4 – 6 hours/week
You need to register – registration / more information including the full syllabus is here: https://www.edx.org/course/library-advocacy-unshushed-university-torontox-la101x
The course covers:
• Values and transformative impacts of libraries and librarianship.
• Research on current perceptions of libraries and librarians.
• Role of relationships in advocacy.
• Principles of influence and their impact on advocacy.
• Strategic thinking and planning in advocacy.
• Effective communication: messages, messengers, and timing.
A number of guest speakers will share their ideas, recommendations and successes.
Chipo Msengezi, ITOCA
“If you like this post and would like to support us please go to our website”.