AHILA in collaboration with the Norwegian Library Association ( Section for Medicine and Health ) are pleased to announce a Participation grant for the IFLA World Library and Information Congress during 15-21 August 2015.
Objectives of the grant
The purpose of this travel grant is to enable a library and information science ( LIS ) professional in an AHILA member country to participate in the upcoming IFLA World Library and Information Congress during 15-21 August 2015 in Cape Town, South Africa.
The grant will award a total of USD1300 which can be used toward the expenses involved in participating in IFLA WLIC 2015. These costs can include travel, accommodation and/or registration fee. NB. The award may not be enough to cover all the expenses, therefore the applicant may have to source additional funds from elsewhere.
1. The applicant must be a paid up member of AHILA through either individual or institutional membership. ( Applicants should include an email from the AHILA treasurer confirming membership – firstname.lastname@example.org ).
2. Applicants should be junior LIS professionals with five years or less working.
3. Applicants should be from a health sciences information or related field.
4. The grant is only open to residents of African countries.
5. NB. Priority will be given to applicants who are going to present an original work or poster at IFLA.
Deadline for applications is 30 June 2015. The full announcement and application form can be downloaded from the AHILA website.
Nigel Palmer Phi
If you like this post and would like to support Phi please go to our website.