For those of you who, like me, had a hazy idea of all the new UN Sustainable Goals (SDGs replacing the Millennium Development Goals, MDGs) this is a list of all 17 of them. I am sure that shared and reliable information will need to underpin all of them if they are to achieve the desired effect. So, please, if you can, join the e-forum on how libraries and information centres can be developed and used to achieve these goals. See, previous post, from Chipo Msengezi on our blog.
- End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture
- Ensure healthy lives and well-being for all at all ages
- Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote life-long learning
- Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Ensure access to affordable, reliable and sustainable modern energy for all
- Promote sustained and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Build resistant and sustainable infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Reduce inequality among and within countries
- Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impact
- Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
- Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development. Provide justice for all, and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
- Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
If you like this post and would like to support us, please go to our website.
Jean Shaw, Phi