Call for Applications for the HLG – ILIG – Phi sponsored grant
HLG Conference, Scarborough, UK, September 2016
Criteria for Applications
CILIP’s Health Libraries Group (HLG) is awarding a bursary of a maximum of £2,500 to support a health librarian working in a Group A HINARI-eligible country to attend its conference in Scarborough on 15th and 16th September 2016, and to benefit from a unique learning experience in the UK.
The funding can be used to contribute towards the cost of the conference fee, accommodation, travel, visa and living expenses.
The learning experience will comprise of learning opportunities such as shadowing and participating in professional development visits facilitated by Partnerships in Health Information (Phi) and CILIP’s International Libraries Group (ILIG).
Successful applicants will also be awarded a one year honorary membership of CILIP HLG after attending the conference.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a report on their visit and to participate in relevant publicity activity.
The HLG-ILIG-Phi bursary is administered by the HLG Continuing Professional Panel, and the judging panel will consist of representatives from the 3 partner organisations.
Grants may be awarded to a health science professional librarian in a Group A HINARI-eligible country, with preference given to professionals with less than 5 years’ experience.
Application materials should be typewritten and submitted in English.
Candidates must provide:
- A detailed CV
- Proof of having obtained a professional library qualification
- A reference letter from their employer confirming their current employment and support for the application.
- A statement outlining how the bursary will benefit their personal practice and how their learning outcomes will be shared with others on their return. Please include brief details of any current activity/responsibilities in own country professional associations. (Maximum 1,000 words)
Application Deadline & Notification
- Completed applications must be received on or before 22nd April 2016
- Successful applicants will be notified by 17th May 2016
Submit application and supporting documents should be sent by e-mail to: InternationalBursary@Gmail.com
Applications will be judged against the following criteria:
|Eligibility Criteria Criterion||How Assessed|
|Group A HINARI Country
Five years or less work experience in health librarianship
Proof of current employment and Reference from employer
Certified copy of qualification certificate
Reference letter from employer confirming the candidate’s on-going employment