With a grant from the Tropical Health and Education Trust (THET) the UK – Sierra Leone Health Partners Network (UKSLHPN) will be working in consultation with the Sierra Leone Ministry of Health and Sanitation to provide a website for promoting greater communication facilities and awareness of Government guidelines etc. In detail it will include:
- An online discussion forum for members seeking/offering collaboration, jobs, technical assistance and advice.
- How-to guides about delivering health work in SL, Government policy, partnership working, and resources
- A members-only area with minutes of network meetings etc.
- News about members’ work, latest MoHS developments, and other relevant news from the health and development sectors
- The creation of a set of operational manuals to assist organisations already delivering health work or planning to deliver health work in Sierra Leone
- A technical assistance network enabling members to exchange knowledge and experience to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their work
- Improved channels of communication between members and the MoHS, including 2 conferences (1 in UK, 1 in SL), a monthly newsletter, regular network meetings
- Increasing the network membership and number of Health Partnerships working with the MoHS
With thanks to Catherine Garsed (UKSLHPN firstname.lastname@example.org ) for informing us of this new venture
Jean Shaw, Phi